2 1/2 cups oats
1 tsp baking power
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks butter (unsalted/softened)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 granulated sugar
1 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper or get a cookie pan and grease with butter.
- In a food processor, grind 2 1/2 cups of the oats until they resemble whole wheat flour. Add the baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and combine. Set the dry ingredients aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter, sugar and brown sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combines, then stir in the final cup of oats.
- Scoop the doug onto the parepared pans and chill for 30 minutes. Bake for 8-9 mintutes or until the cookie are just set. Let cool for a few mintutes then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.